Friday, August 16, 2013

Leaving on A Jet Plane

I'm all packed (hopefully) and ready to go (mostly)!!! It's going to be an early morning tomorrow, and a long trip, but once I get to Seoul it will all be worth it (probably).
This whole airport/flying thing is way more intimidating than living in Korea for a year. And it's not even that I'm afraid of flying (I think). It's just that the concept of maneuvering through an airport with more people in it than I can imagine (and all going different ways!). The worst part is is that I'm feeling that Chicago's O'Hare is way more intimidating than Incheon International Airport in Seoul. I'm probably not going to get much sleep tonight. Which may or may not be a good thing.

On another note, I walked the dogs for the last time for a year tonight. I got a bit misty-eyed. I wanted to take some time to see the sights and give them lots of attention, but they just wanted to get back to their kennels and the steak bones they knew were waiting for them there. Ungrateful Wretches <3. I think they're what I'm going to miss the most.

On yet another note, although my bags weigh a ton (figuratively), I really hope I'm not forgetting anything. I know I'm going to Korea, not Mars, but I'd rather have everything I need as I need it. I packed, unpacked, and repacked enough times that I think it's all there. But one never knows. I did tie red bows on my bags so I could tell them from amongst the others on the carousel. Hopefully I can find the carousel.

Also, today I taught myself a phrase in Korean that may come in handy: "도와주세요. 길을 잃었어요 (Dowajuseo. Gil-eul ihl-eoss eoyo.)" or "Help me. I'm lost."

No comments:

Post a Comment