Monday, August 12, 2013

There's a First Time for Everything

So I've never written a blog before, and I've never been any good at keeping to a daily journal. But I guess now is as good as any other time. I'm not going to make any promises about the quality of the content posted herein and foreverafter. I am writing this both for me and for you. I want to be sure to remember this adventure, so I'll tell about some of the many experiences that I'm sure I'll have. I also want to make sure that those of you who are curious about what life is like in South Korea have an answer.

  
There's a song that keeps getting stuck in my head. It's by a local folk group that I hard once at the local library and I had to buy the CD. The group is Iron River and the song is 'Make the Break.' I've yet to find a way to add the soundtrack here, but here are some of the lyrics. I'm finding that they apply quite well to my own self right now. (The bold text is the chorus).


"Don't you know it's time to make the break, 
get out of that rut, and pull up your stakes.
'Cause this is your moment and the timing is right
get out of that chair and stand up and fight.

"All your life you've waited for dreams to come to you.
If you really want it, only you can do it.
So move it or you lose it, let's get it in gear.
There's only so many chances, dreams are nothing to fear.

"Chorus

"The last thing you want when you're old and grey
is to think about the dreams that you let slip away.
So now that you're moving, gotten rid of that load,
let's burn all our bridges and get this show on the road.

"Chorus x3


 This artist's music has always struck a chord with me, but especially now it feels like this song was written for me. I've waited a long time for my dreams to come true, but now, instead of waiting, I'm going and accomplishing them for myself. It's been a lot of stress and hard work, but this is going to be the adventure of a lifetime and I'm going to enjoy it to the fullest!

No comments:

Post a Comment